Failed to retrieve pairs from SRM Server

I recently had a strange problem with SRM 6.5 when I tried to open it in the flash or HTML5 client.  Error said, “Failed to retrieve pairs from Site Recovery Manager Server at https://SRMaddress:9086/vcdr/vmoni/sdk. Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password”. No service account passwords were recently changed. The error did not specify what user name failed.

SRMuser

I checked out SRM’s logs, which are located in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs. I found only found one set of errors in the log. The message displayed another administrator, but nothing that SRM should be trying to use. A few messages in it were, “AuthorizeManager::AddCOnnection returned false for user…” and “Failed to login session…Insufficient privileges for user…”.

I could not find any information on any of the errors, except for a VMTM community post that saved me. The answer was so simple that I did not believe it would work until I tried it for myself. Daniel Soltau had a comment to login to vCenter at both sites in separate clients at the same time. It worked! SRM opened fine. I wanted to post this solution in hope that this reaches more people that have this strange SRM problem.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s